These are a great bar appetizer or game-day snack, free of cream cheese and flour. I actually prefer them grilled anyway. You can pick up a pan at Home Depot or Lowes--they have holes in them to keep the jalapenos standing up.
12 jalapenos, tops removed, shake out the seeds
1/2 cup or so of dry curd cottage cheese or dripped SCD yogurt
1/2 cup or so of shredded cheddar
6 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Mash up the cottage cheese and cheddar in a medium sized bowl.
- Stir in the crumbed bacon and stuff this mixture into the jalapenos.
- Place the stuffed jalapenos in the pan's cavities as you go.
- Put the pan on the grill and cover.
- Cook until the cheese melts and the jalapenos are soft, about 10 minutes (but check carefully).